Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day Four: And I've been from OK to Tucumcari

Soundtrack written by Lowell George, sung by Linda Rondstadt, and traveled by ourselves. Poetic license about Tucson, though. Maybe someday.
To recap, we began the day here, in OKC.
To I-40 West, entering the Texas panhandle, which would probably be the largest state in New England, but out here, it's an afterthought.
But it's world record flat! Flatter than the bottom of a pan itself, never mind the handle.
Hot tamale! New Mexico! Winner of the best scenery on the interstates award.
And here's some of that best scenery in New Mexico. Leaning ever so cooly in the rain.
Actually here's the best scenery and the best doggone navigator in the west.
Tucumcari: fifteen minutes after we left, the town was under a TORNADOO Watch. Link (careful, language!)
On the road to Santa Fe. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera when we walked around. But, believe me when I say, it was beautiful.

No comments: