Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 34: Through the Veil

My emotions as I pass trhough 217 miles of I-86 in southern New York, definitely the worst stretch of road I experienced on the trip, and possibly the worst I've experienced ever. And mixed with a steady rain that could not drain properly and trucks creating conditions sometimes of no visibility and some of the worst drivers in creation and a frightening landscape of claustrophobic hills saturated in scary deciduous trees (after a steady diet of the open spaces of the west), the result was a blackness of mind, emotion, and heart. Although, perhaps, I was passing through the veil of dreamtime, returning to that state we call reality, after an extended period in an altered consciousness. Or rather consciousness itself. And now I was returning to the dream. Passing through a turbulent wall of pyshic dimensions. Anyways, like Rip Van Winkle, after waking from this blackness, I found myself in the Catskills. With Beverly, Jim, and David.

No comments: